Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm not slow...I'm just enjoying the course...

Well, I must say, this wasn't my strongest running week. Earlier this week I went for my nice morning run, slower than I wanted it to, but I'm dealing with that. I had an awful taste of metal in my mouth. 3 miles and 30 minutes (yes 30 minutes) later, I was bent over the toilet dry heaving like a college gal coming home from Power and Light. Anyone who's ever been with me when I've had root beer moonshine knows that I am not a peaceful puker-ever heard a donkey being kicked in the ribs over and over? Me neither, but I am assuming that would sound something like me! Good thing I didn't have anything in my stomach! This morning was a bit better, just so slow and I am tired while doing it! I think that's what makes me the most nervous, is that I won't finish. Somedays I feel that there was more I could've done, that I used cancer as my crutch. I could've eaten better, stretched more, done a few more long runs, but I used a lot of excuses. Oh well, you must lie in the bed you've made...even if the sheets haven't been washed! So send me your positive running thoughts on the 18th cause I think I'm gonna need 'em!

XOXO...Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Lady, you are amazing for even still running this race. Take your camera, enjoy the historic route and don't stress! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, cut yourself some slack. Honestly! Is it not amazing enough that you even get your sneakers on and hit the road? Can that not in itself be a GREAT thing? Put the stop watch away~pay no attention to the miles behind you~ instead my dear cousin, be okay with what you CAN do. Be okay with where you are~and yes,it is okay to say because of cancer, you cannot run as fast as you once could. (for Christ Sakes, you are smack dab in the middle of chemo) How many people would even have the power to try and run this? You are simply amazing...(but I still wish I could beat you over the head!) Hold you head high~you are fighting more than one battle here! Wow....I love you Kelly. Put a smile on...make new friends...and wear you baldness with proudness! You rock!!! Love you always~Shanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sindy...you are right, I do need to take my camera! Shanda-I need you here to beat me over the head! You're right, I know it! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW..Really..I am with Shanda, next time I see you I am going to kick you and maybe that can be your excuse. On a serious note you are AMAZING and you will do fine. It does not matter how well you stretch, or how good you eat, or how much sleep you get..you are going through something that is taking a toll on your body and no one expects you to finish in 3 hours, well yes that would be nice to say that my sister finished the marathon in 3 hours haha. However, it will be even better to say that my sister ran the Boston marathon while going through Chemo. YOU CAN DO IT. I will not be there physically, but I will be praying for you and cheering you on the whole way whether it is 3 hours or 6 hours! I am proud of you and Glad to call you my sister and my best friend. Hopefully this makes sense haha!! I LOVE YOU XOXOXO Kari

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me tear up a bit Kari! I love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly,
    Sindy and Shanda are smart women!!! I agree (I'm kind of smart too)!! Throw the stop watch away and just enjoy the day. It's a big deal to qualify and what you are going through is a big deal too. We are all proud of you whether you finish or not.
    Let me know when you are leaving for Boston. Would you please send me your address too. I have a little package to send you.
    Love, Tammy

    ReplyDelete