Sunday, March 27, 2011

One and done!!

Sam's a slave driver!
Had another round of chemo on Friday-only ONE left, that's right, one! I am quite excited about it!! The doc was even nice enough to move the last chemo date to fall after Boston. So the marathon is on the 18th (which I am actually quite scared about due to my lack of effective training) then my chemo will be on the 20th! My oncologist would like me to wear some sort of t-shirt like "If you can read the back of this shirt, the gal gettin' chemo is beating you." I also suggested I put his picture on the front-he fully informed me that it's okay for me to quit, but we all know I'm a bit more stubborn than that (thanks dad)! Besides Sam already has her tickets to fly out and I'm sure she'll have quite the motivating comments to keep me moving... ---->

I will definitely keep you updated on the road up to Boston...I wish I was more prepared, more confident, but it is what it is now. I know I can do it, just slower and with a bit more "next day soreness." Thank you everyone for all the support, love, and prayers! Love you! XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Slave driver?! Do I need to inform everyone that on our intervals you're usually a block ahead of me shouting "Just 1/4 mile more! You're doing great!" I'm surprised the police haven't pulled up and asked why I'm chasing you through the streets in the dark.

    You know I'll bring my shoes and run the last 10k with you if you want. It's not banditing if I carry my own water and duck out before the finish chute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...that'd be awesome! I may be crawling by that point! Think I may be flying after all-coming so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire and motivate me every day. I cannot wait to see the pics from Boston-I can't believe I won't be there to cheer you on. I am the best cheerleader from afar EVER. Ask Andy! I know I'll see you before then, but remember that I'll have my cowbell in hand at home yelling and hollering with the best of them! :)

    ReplyDelete