Sunday, May 15, 2011

Have to get this off my chest...

Well, surgery is set for the 24th of May. This week will be my last week of work. The docs said to take about 6 weeks, but feel I will be going stir crazy by then...so hoping to get back to work in 3, but I won't push it! I am nervous for this one. I've spoken to many people, and have about 4 more people that I should talk with, but ultimately, the decision is mine-no one can make up my mind for me. I have to trust the surgeon in this case and honestly, if I never had to go through chemo again, it'd be too soon. So I'm trading in bi-annual MRIs for expanders and implants...once these are in I won't even have to have mammograms for monitoring! So guess after the 24th I'll have more than just the stress off my chest! I know I'll get through just fine, just a bit more scared/anxious on this one. I can't complain though, just this step and hopefully this will be behind me. I recently went to a benefit with Kari, my little sis. It was this wonderful "wigging out" event (see pictures below)! It was for her teacher friend, Tasha, who has cancer, 30's, healthy, non-smoker - lung cancer. Beautiful woman, beautiful family, I am sure the unknown for her is quite scary. I can't speak for her, but I'm sure if all she had to do for survival is remove some balls of fat, she wouldn't think twice. I don't know when this epidemic of cancer started, but my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who is touched by it. More to come before surgery...thank you all so much for your incredible support, the long conversations, and my back and forth discussions!! Time to go watch a curl up on my couch with my WONDERFUL quilt and watch a couple rented movies...always nice to have a distraction from your thoughts (thanks to Reese Witherspoon)!! :)  XOXO

3 comments:

  1. That is one badass wig! I'll have to bring you some ice cream while you're at home. You can use the container to ice your chest while you eat it. Multipurpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Ice cream! Plus it's a must if it's multipurpose!

    ReplyDelete