Friday, March 4, 2011

Round two...here we go!

I think chemo day is probably my least favorite day so far. I don't know why, it's not like I "exert" myself in anyway. I just heavily dislike it, I could most definitely even use the word hate. I think it's the tired-ness and headaches that go along with it. But that's okay, it's an easy step to the finish, one small hill to get over! I am actually extremely lucky, as I have met some incredible people who have to do this for months, MONTHS! Today my dad will come up and spend it with me! I feel sorry for him, he'll have to sit in an uncomfortable chair and watch me sleep! At least I get the recliner!! Oh well, after today, I'll be half done! HALF DONE!!!! All downhill from here baby!

So...Talking with my sisters, we did come up with some positives of the hairloss:

 1. I can pick at it all I want right now (anybody who's ever
     seen me pick my split ends knows this is VERY annoying-
     I can't even stand it). Is anybody really going to say "stop
     it". If they do I will just pull out a chunk for some shock
     value...that'll shut them up!
2. Wigs are already ready to go! No more bad hair days!
3. I will save a bundle on shampoo, conditioner, gel, etc, etc.
4. I can be as jerk-y as I want...no one wants to hit a cancer
    patient (well, except Kari and Jen).
5. Possibility of no leg hair for a bit!!
6. I will get to see what I look like as a red-head, a blonde,
    green, pink, orange, etc.
7. I will be SO much more aerodynamic when I run, I could    
    possibly shave (no pun intended) a whole 2 seconds off my
    marathon time without the weight of this hair!!

Please feel free to add on! I will let you know how today goes!!

5 comments:

  1. you are a funny funny little woman!!! keep up the high spirits...
    with all the money you save on shampoo, conditioner and shaving supplies you could really do some shopping damage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you today!! Love you! you can also invest in some fabulous head scarves :) Plus another positive is that you will be able to get over your hair picking problem in the time you have to wear wigs. I think it will be fun trying out different hair colors and styles! you will ROCK it all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only will you be more aerodynamic, you'll be more efficient at cooling your body so you won't overheat!

    Your bald head will be reflective when we run in the mornings so we'll be easier to see!

    Love you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure there is no other place that your Dad would rather be....right beside you, uncomfortable chair and all!

    Thinking of you today~hoping the sun is shining brightly on your beautiful face!

    Love you will all my heart!
    Shanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. # 8 - You get some serious punk-rock cred, so you can go to the shadier parts of town without feelin' like a girl from 'burbs. :)

    ReplyDelete