Thursday, June 16, 2011

A+??

Tissue expander

The first expansion was today...phew, nerve wracking. The nurse was very nice and calmly tried to explain it all to me. First, she told me that the tissue expanders are made of plastic and they have a magnetic port. She used a magnet to find the port, then marked it with an "x", like a treasure map, except vastly different. She planned on cleaning the area then sticking a giant needle into the "x" to fill the expander...well this immediately sent me into a hot flash-I mean those needles are HUGE. The nurse was sweet and could tell I was nervous so went and got the doc who told me not to worry. She said, "yes" I was being quite the baby and to "suck it up!" Well...that's what she shoulda said anyway-she actually told me that everyone is nervous their first time (insert dirty joke here). Despite how busy she was...she stayed, cleaned me up, and stuck the needle in-surprisingly...didn't feel it at all! She filled me full of 25 cc's of saline (start'n' small). So I think now, I look like a cockeyed A, maybe A+, but it's all good...straight, crooked, or non-existent, I'm cancer free! From now on I go in weekly until I get my knockers (c'mon, there's only so many words for boobs) to the size where I want them. Since I will stay relatively small it shouldn't take long! More to come after next weeks appointment! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That all sounds crazy. (I'm also scared of needles, btw... I've decided I can never give blood again, because every time I try, I faint...although that might be from all the blood they take...). Anyway, now that I know you're cancer-free, I can breath easy... and admit my curiosity about boob jobs. Keep up with the gory details! :)

    ReplyDelete