Monday, February 21, 2011

Bald ain't nothin' when you've got best friends...

Not me, but pouting seemed appropriate
So I've been selfish lately, pouting around and carrying on like a baby...something about the mouth sores and dry skin made me feel like I've "had it rough." I went and had my second opinion with another surgeon who agreed with the first on the mastectomy, so still the decision is mine to make (dammit)!!

Anyway...moving on, today I go to my friend Sam's blog (girlnamedsam.blogspot.com) just to find out she is on a mission to raise $1,000 bucks for me...well for cancer, but in honor of me. When that money is raised she plans on shaving her head at my "One upper Party" AND dying her hair pink until that date (March 12)! Now this gal is popular, so I know the goal will be reached. But who does that? Granted, she's gorgeous and will "sport" baldness with profound beauty and class, but she certainly does not need to. Not only has she and her husband made me ENDLESS amounts of meals, but she's listened to my whining for the last two years, she gets me out of bed for 5am runs, she forces me to be a better person.  Guess it's how that saying goes..."like thighs, friends stick together." I jest, but in all seriousness, I am (for once in my life) speechless. I've touted on this page time and time again how blessed I am to have found the people I have in my life. I know I wouldn't be where I am today without them and this is just one more example of the people I have been lucky enough to surround myself with! I am so glad that most of the tears I shed are tears of joy. With my deepest gratitude and thanks, I love you all...
Best friend and running partner Sam

4 comments:

  1. Awesome. So awesome. I can't wait to bear witness to the balding!!! You girls are HOT regardless of your hairdo. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky your Dad bought the deluxe package when he hired me to be your friend!

    But seriosuly, if there is one thing I've learned, it's that good friends are priceless. If shaving my head is how I can help, then shaving my head it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My familia and I would like to donate $100 to Miss Sam's effort. I don't have compassionate bosses so going bald is out of the question BUT I am cutting it short!

    Cheers to Sam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't feel like you have to do any of it! BESIDES you are coming to see me!!!!! Can't wait, miss you Sin, love you and my whole greek fam!

    ReplyDelete