Saturday, February 5, 2011

And the winner is (insert drumroll here)...

TC (Taxotere cyclophosphamide) is the gold medalist! Went to the oncologist yesterday and he said all his oncologist friends agreed that they would recommend TC. So I will begin that next Friday, the 11th. The day will begin with a blood test to determine my white blood cell count, a visit with the doc (probably over coffee and surely just to gab), then 4 hours or so of cable tv watching while the drug is administered intravenously. I don't even have cable so the fact that I'll get to catch up on some fox news is quite appealing! This same process will occur once every 3 weeks for 3 months, meaning only 4 treatments total! They said hair loss would probably occur between 3 - 5 weeks, which is fine, I feel I'm going to look absolutely stunning bald, I just really wish my mom wouldn't have dropped me as much as she did...
I mostly feel bad for Jeremy since I'll just look like a more in shape version of him! ; )
Well, that's that for now. No decision on the mastectomy yet, my wonderful friends are helping me get things together for some second opinions, I will let you know how those turn out!! XOXO


And for a little added humor, I found this: "The ten worst ways to break a cancer diagnosis to your family" cancer is not funny, but this sure is! My favs: #2, 4 and 5...enjoy!

#10: Wear an "I've Got Cancer" t-shirt around the house.
#9:   Using overly intricate (and thoroughly confusing) means:
      - Spouse: Honey, you don't look so well. Are you feeling alright?
      - Response: Well, if by 'are' you mean 'do', and if by 'feeling' you mean 'have' and if by 'alright' you
        mean 'cancer', then the answer is yes, I most certainly do.
#8:  Vanity license plates: [2MR GUY], [KEMO GAL], [CNCR SUX], [CNCR FITR]
#7:  Via text message. (omg! ive gt cancer. not kewl.)
#6:  Make your family play connect the dots with your twisted logic:
      "Ya know, I was thinking about what a horrible disease that cancer is and how fate must really hate
        someone to inflict such a horrible curse on them. Well, apparently Fate hates me."
#5:   The Relativity Approach:
        "Well honey, I got fired from my job for sleeping with the cleaning lady, who apparently gave me
          HIV. You should get yourself checked out ASAP. Ha ha, just kidding about that...by the way,
          I have cancer.
#4:   "Alright everybody, raise your hand if you DON'T have cancer."
        (raising your hand at first, then slowly dropping it as everyone watches)
#3:   On the Jumbotron at a sporting event.
#2:   Through clever subtlties:
         - Spouse: Do you have Billy's basketball schedule for next week?
         - Response: I'll tell ya what I don't have...the ability to properly regulate cell growth and
           proliferation anymore.
                         And the #1 worst way to break cancer diagnosis news to your family:
                               "Knock-Knock"..."Who's there?"..."I have cancer."

2 comments:

  1. You amaze me! I love you with all my heart! Your posts make me giggle....and then I wonder how I can possibly be giggling. ??? I know though, it is because you have a sense of humor that not many people could have in trying times. That, little cousin, will bring you through all this. You are stronger than most people that have lived 100 years...wiser, than most professors. I have no doubt in your ability to kick cancer's ass....simply because you are Kelly Morken! Know that we are here for you....even though miles separate us, our hearts are there with you each and every day. You are in every prayer that gets said throughout the day. Lean on people around you Kelly....no matter how strong you are, the strength from others is needed and okay. :) I sure love you. I look up to you, you are my hero. I only wish I could be as strong as you if I ever needed to be.....you are simply amazing. Love you! XOXOX~Shanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You damn MN family...always bringing tears to my eyes...both you and Kristi are gonna get it! You have to know, the only strength I could ever get I have learned from you all over the years. This cancer is a passing thing...easily beatable, I know you all are missing a piece of your heart that you deal with each passing day, I wish I could fill that. I miss you and I love you.

    ReplyDelete