Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ode to T-Dawg...

Note my $30 wig...he wears it well!
So today I am blogging about my dear, dear friend Travis. He said that he's disappointed that there is not more talk of him...so this one's for you big boy! I actually met Travis through my brother as I found that it's easier to steal friends than to try to make them on your own. Naturally Travis liked me more than Jeremy as I'm funnier and better looking. I was naturally drawn to Travis because he gave me heavily discounted acupuncture treatments...we were and still are a good match! Travis is the first one I ran to when I got the news of my cancer. He had a plan, he had advice, most importantly he had a hug that made me feel safe. Travis has overcome so many obstacles in life...I have never met anyone so strong. It's definitely not my place to state his mountains he has had to climb...he needs to start his own hippie blog, he really does. Even with all that is on his plate, he gives his time generously to charities and people in need AND on top of that, he listens to me whine about stupid, menial things and he never judges me for any of it. At my surprise 30th birthday party, he let me hit on him relentlessly all night...trust me, I'm not that cute after 27 shots. Despite my sloppy display, he called me the next day to check on my hangover. Travis is a rare find in friends, someone who gives it to you straight, can tell you your weaknesses yet never asks that you change them. We are best friends, brother and sister, confidants. I am so, so blessed to have Travis in my life...he's family! Love you Travis!

2 comments:

  1. UM- no offense to T but you will ROCK that wig better! Love you doll!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! So true!! Thanks sin! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete