Thursday, January 20, 2011

Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least I'm on the scenic route...

Don't hate...
Surgery number two...complete! The morning started out quite nicely when Kari came and surprised my dad and I while we were waiting in admissions. She braved the cold and snow to come keep my dad company and help me steal another pair of hospital socks...she rocks!

From the moment I got called in from the waiting room, the entire staff was awesome! The nurses, murses and docs were all great and each one had a fantastic sense of humor! They got me prepped pretty quickly and invited "Larry and Kari" in, where my dad and the anesthesiologist discussed whether his homemade granola or Shelley's homemade granola was better (I think we won)! Soon I was off in the OR takin' a nap again (I'm so lazy) while Dad and Kari got some coffee and Kari had the grand tour of my shared cubicle (lucky gal)! A few hours later I woke in a bit more pain than last time, apparently the doc really scrapped my muscle and took out all that she could (while sparing my small A's)...so think after these drugs wear off, I may be hurting for a bit...We have about 7 days to wait for the results. If it's ductal, then we will be good to continue on with the chemo and radiation. If there is no ductal, then we'll discuss the options at that time.

Necklace given to me by Shelley!

Upon arrival at home, I received the best gift from gal pal Shelley!! It is a "Stand up to Cancer" necklace, but Shelley stated she did not get it for me due to the cancer part, but as my own symbol of THE one-upper!! It's perfect! This may just be the drugs talkin' but I have to wonder where I find these incredible people?? I do not know, but am so blessed that they've entered my life. How do you learn to give so effortlessly, so unselfishly...my assumption is that the more fantastic people I surround myself with, the more fantastic I will become! So thank you...my fantastic friends and family. Thank you for making me laugh 'til my stomach hurt while waiting for surgery, thank you for cooking gourmet meals for me and allowing me to constantly over stay my welcome, thank you for letting me complain when I need, but kicking my butt when it's gone too far, thank you for kisses and hugs and unconditional love. Love you all! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment