Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hurry up and wait...

Yes, notice the number 2...for dos bras
Well I wasn’t running nearly as soon as I would’ve liked to have been after surgery and my poor family had to deal with the consequences of my bad attitude! As supportive as ever though, my family didn’t complain once-also highly supportive were the two bras I had to wear when I did start running again! Never thought there’d be a day where I would need two bras…one's usually pushing it!!


Before Christmas I headed back to the doc to learn what the surgery had determined. Great news, as always, all the lymph nodes came back negative! That is a great sign! She did find one odd thing, apparently, with all the tissue that was removed, pathology only “found” the lobular carcinoma. The ductal was not in the tissue that was removed. My doc said there are numerous reasons that this could occur stating that since the ductal cancer was the smaller of the two it could have been missed in pathology, removed during the biopsy or a number of other various explanations. She said she didn’t feel comfortable signing off on that and scheduled another MRI for me to see if we could find the “missing” cancer. It’s funny how the waiting game exhausts you sometimes, yet it’s comforting to know that when I’m emotionally burnt out, I can revert back to a 6 year old and cry on my parent’s shoulder while they hold me without a judgment to be made. Well, hopefully more news soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment